Wednesday 15 July 2009

Baking Tray Advent Calendar

My first finished project from Scrap-a-Ganza-LOL! It has taken time, but now I have finished one, I just want to plough my way through all the other unfinished kits (there are many-haha!)
This is an advent calendar using magnets to "stick" the date decorations to the baking tray.

The class was taught and designed by Fanny Delobel using Junkitz Christmas paper designed by Theresa Collins.

I didn't stay for the whole class as I had a shoulder injury and in a lot of pain, so I missed out on finishing the project like Fanny's. I added my own chipboard letter and found a couple of Santa stamps from my own stash instead.
The tray was painted in acrylic cream paint, then distressed using sandpaper and walnut distress ink.
I love the finished product and can't wait to put it up with the rest of the Christmas decorations later this year:-)

No comments: