Saturday 3 March 2007

2nd March - My Birthday!




WooHoo 40 Today!

The day started with a visit to Lisa's friend Kelly's for a cuppa! Kelly has family and friends in Mabelthorpe and Hull! After that, we went to Scrapbook Secrets in Maddington for a little stash shopping! It was a big shop and I was spoilt for choice! Oskar found the whole thing boring, but began enjoying himself, when Nils took him over to the play area in the shop - perfect.

After the purchases were made, including a Rusty Pickle map of how Yorkshire looked in the 19th century!, we headed to Rolley on the Ridge for lunch. The food was excellent. Nils and I had macadamia crusted chicken on herbed polenta with roast veggies and Lisa has mushroom risotto balls, stuffed with mozzarella! Before we knew it, there was a little time for a quick wizz around the supermarket for BBQ food, before picking Elise up from school. I then prepared the pork and made a pasta salad! At this point, I still hadn't opened any of my cards or presents because I was waiting for Drew to get home from school - great willpower;-)

I began opening my presents, whilst chatting to Mum and Dad on the phone. Oskar was sat on my knee too and was really noisy and chatty! i could hardly hear the conversation at times. I received some beautiful gifts and lovely cards.

Before we knew it, it was 6 o'clock and Myra, Pim, Abbie and Stella arrived for the little "PARTY" I deliberately chose this option, rather than going to a restaurant because of Oskar. It is much easier to deal with him(teething) in familiar surroundings, rather than a busy restaurant! The food was great, so was the wine too! I also had a chocolate birthday cake, but only 2 candles!!

Later in the evening, Kelly and her daughter Cassie popped in for a drink, before we called it a night. It was the end of a special day, which was made possible by Nils, Osakr, Lisa, Derek, Drew and Elise - Thank you xx

4 comments:

Lynn Donnelly said...

Pleased to hear you had a lovely birthday - the cake looks yummy.
You are always making me feel hungry with all the food you keep telling us about!
It's a lovely photo of you Lynn, and Oskar of course.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday

Amanda said...

That cake looks so yummy hope you all enjoyed eating it glad you had such a special day

Torojenta said...

Looks like you had a wlovely day!!
That cake looks fantastic!!

Two Candels ??? what happend with the rest?? :-)

Racheal said...

What a lovely photo of you and Oskar - Lynn.
That cake looks scrummy.
Racheal